Saturday, July 20, 2024

CHANGING LEAVES - Stamping with Friends Blog Hop




CHANGING LEAVES



When my 9 year old granddaughter Natalie, came to visit with her family this week, she shyly told her mom, "I'm hungry for crafting."  That my friends, is music to this crafty grandmother's ears and heart!

We did some ink transferring which you see in the photo above.  I love to make water color prints with our Stampin' Up! inks and paper, so here's what I made.   Read to see Natalie's print that inspired me.


The basis for these prints is a Gel Plate - Amazon or any craft outlet store. 



If you've never used a Gel Plate, you should know that it is sticky, which is necessary.  I used fall colors of inks: Crushed Curry (yellow), Blueberry Bushel, Peach Pie (light orange), Old Olive (green), Real Red.   I lightly tapped, once or twice, at random angles, each of the ink pads in corners and the middle of the Gel Plate, sometimes overlapping the colors.  



I used the Changing Leaves stamps but here's how I made them into one stamp.   I left them on the clear firm cellophane, like our product Window Sheet, just the way they are packaged.  If you've already removed your Changing Leaves stamps, I suggest to mount them on a large block or a Window Sheet.  In my case, I just removed all the sentiment stamps and it was all set.

Next, carefully place your stamp on top of the inked Gel Plate.  To get an even print, you can place a piece of paper over it and roll your brayer up and down, and across.  



Now carefully lift off the stamps, making sure that to slide or smudge it. (If you do its ok, its art).  Set the stamp aside face up because you're going to use it for another print. 

Now place your Basic White paper on top of the image. Smooth with your hands, over every inch or use a brayer.   


Then carefully peel back from one corner and see your print.  Set that aside.

Place a new piece of paper on top of the inked stamp to transfer the remaining ink from stamp.



AND, place another piece of paper on the Gel Plate to transfer any remaining ink from it.

To review, when you ink the Gel Plate, and stamp an image onto it, the stamped images from the first print will be the color of the paper - in this case, white. The second print is the reverse as you are putting the paper directly on the inked stamp.  The third print is the remaining ink and stamped image left on the Gel Plate which is often very light but makes a perfect background.  The ideas are endless.  

There are alot of other techniques you can do with a Gel Plate.  You can transfer black and white photos from magazines, or your own from a black ink printer. You can make your own designs of paper with acrylic paints, but my colors of choice Stampin' Up! Inks, Basic White and Water Color Paper.

What would a Gel Plate print of Changing Leaves look like in a non-traditional color?  Or maybe through the eyes of a 9- year old artist?  See for yourself - here is the print that inspired my Blog Hop post today!  Thanks, Natalie!



Thanks for stopping by to see my fun with ink and  "Changing Leaves"  techniques.  Be Blessed! sb

Don't forget about Bonus Days in July (2024). With any order of $50 you will earn a $5 coupon to use in August.   To make cards like this you would choose a base color cardstock (24 sheets for $11.50 = 48 cards), Changing Leaves Bundle - stamps & Embossing Folder ($54), inks, and glue.  If you don't have a demonstrator, I'd love to tell you more about our coordinating products and how you can join to save 20% on your orders.  

Now click on the next link below to view the inspiration by crafters from around the world! 

    



 




 

4 comments:

  1. Thank you! I've been playing all day, until the clouds went away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I have to get a gel plate. These cards are gorgeous and sound so much fun to make x

    ReplyDelete