Saturday, August 17, 2024

F.R.O.G. is 3-D

Stamping With Friends - Blog Hop - Inspiration from Around the World!


Hello there!   This week's challenge is to make a project from a kit the way it is designed, and then my favorite way to create - make an alternative project with the same supplies!


My kit is the FROG & FRIENDS KIT. The one thing that attracted me to this kit - is of course, its made of paper, but the FROG & FRIENDS are an activity, an action time for young and old.   When I first saw it - the kit that makes two each of a frog, a shark, or a fish, I knew that my youngest grandchildren (8 y.o) or my ladies in card class (mothers, grandmothers and great-grandmothers) would have fun with it!

Its that game where you try to swing or toss the ball at the end of the string into the cup.  In this kit, the frog has a plastic bug, the shark as a plastic fish, and the fish has a plastic worm.  Each includes all that's necessary to create a cup-like structure (frog, fish or shark) with a string that's attached to its bait.

The photo above shows the fish.

Two of the frogs were created and taken home by my granddaughter Natalie.

The Shark is going to be made into a baby card - Baby Shark, doo doo, doo doo to doo, Baby Shark!

My project today is the FROG is 3D.   This is exactly what I saw when I first laid eyes on this kit

FROG stands for Forever. Rely. On. God.

 In June a boy that attended our Art Day Camp at church told everyone how he loves frogs - he has frog shirts, and knows all about frogs.   Then he told us what FROG meant - I thought it meant Friends Rely on God.  This boy recently got hurt with a fall forward on his bike, so this 3D card is for him.   

The base of the card: is 8 1/2" by 5 1/2".   

Score the card in 4 even sections: on the 8 1/2" side score at 2 1/8" so that you have 4 even sections across.  Fold it like an "M" so that the center goes away and the 2 sides go forward.

I used Lily Pond Lane (2024 annual catalog) paper.  

Layers:  2" x 5 1/2" to fill the space. 

Inside of Frog - Cover the reverse side of the frog first because the reverse side is red.   The reason for this is that the red catches your attention when you look at the card.  

Legs: Attach the legs LAST

Attach the two outside layers of paper to the base First. 

Attach the frog body: with the frog flat - in other words DO NOT assemble the frog as instructions for the game - center it at the inside of the card base folds, then use tear & tape to attach it so it sticks out as the example shows.   

THEN add the layer of paper over the frog so you don't see how its attached.  Does that make sense?



Once I got the frog attached to the card base, I folded the frog flat so it could if possible go in an envelope. 

Legs: attach the legs just at the fold, so that they over lap onto the card base.  



Use Ala Mode Dies for the letters F R O G and Courage & Faith stamps.  

(I'm not sure I want to give F.R.O.G. away now that he's finished). 

Another option for any of these creatures would be to make it as its designed without the game piece attached.   Then attach it to the outside of a gift bag with a little candy bar.  Then use the string and the plastic bait as part of the ribbons that you tie around the handle.  

(P.S.  I must admit that I've never gotten the bait in the mouth of any of these!   I better go back to using the ball and the cup game!) I love paper and inky things.   For more information on paper crafting and getting a product discount, click on the links above.  

Until we meet again, Be Blessed! sb

Thanks for stopping by!   

Make sure to click on the next link to discover more creativity from Stamping With Friends Blog Hop where you'll find Inspiration from Around the World.  

2 comments:

  1. Love your alternative frog card Susan, so clever x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was so much fun!

      Delete